Friday, February 20, 2009

2.19.09 - Copenhagen, Denmark

Photobucket

Today we were in Copenhagen, except...we weren't. The show was in a free-town called Christiania. Apparently it was an old military base and after it shut down, people stayed and created their own little city. They managed to separate themselves from the EU and don't have to pay taxes, and they govern themselves. Basically, it's an anarchist hippy commune. There's a part called "Pusher Lane" where you can buy hash and weed, and the venue showers were so cold that I almost passed out when I turned around to get my soap. It may be the sketchiest place I've been yet.

After the show, the bus wouldn't start. The power connection tripped halfway through the day. Luckily, Trevor got it up and running after a short stint out in the snow.

Trevor, by the way, is our bus driver. He's the greatest driver of any vehicle that I've ever encountered. Ever.

No comments: